I guess I'm kind of in a blog rut...as in, I don't really know what to write about. I guess I just need to remember the reason for putting this together...I just want to have something to remember some of the fun (or not so fun), but small things about our life here in CS. It seems that things move so fast these days, and if I don't write it down, I'm apt to forget...one thing that I do not want to do! We have been going, going, going since Thanksgiving (when we actually stayed in town)...it was amazing. Here's a condensed and quick recap: December was quick because I had a weekend in Denver for Mollie's o-so-fun wedding shower...then Christmas came and we were out of town for about 10 days. After that, in early Jan, my sister had a wedding shower, Will's sister got married, and my sister had another shower...her wedding is in a little less than three weeks! How crazy. It's fun though, seeing people we love dearly start out on new journey's with ones they love. That's just until the end of February...we've got two more weddings, a cruise (our free one..score!) and some work travel coming this spring...yikes!
Recently Will also had leg surgery on his right peripheral nerve. I didn't take any pictures because I just forgot...story of my life. Maybe I'll get a picture of the scar and put it up here... He's healing well though and we're praying for a full recovery, but satisfied and content if the Lord say's "no". The background is that basically some fascia (sp) has been pressing down and squishing Will's nerve, cutting off his ability to lift his foot up at the ankle. He can press down, but not bring it back up, and some of his muscles have started to atrophy. Really, we can get a brace and do some exercises and it he would live just fine; it won't drastically affect his quality of life, but there will be things that would quite a bit harder for him if that function never comes back. We have to wait about a year until we'll know if the surgery made a difference...so we'll see.
We're home for a few weeks (no traveling...yay!) and I'm hoping to do some work for our spring garden this weekend...I've decided that I'm moving a majority of it to the front yard! Our back yard has literally been underwater for the last 4 months. There has not been 1 day without significant water poolage in the backyard...right next to my vegetable beds. This explains why our backyard is a mosquito breeding ground :( Soooo, I've decided to try the front yard. It has full sun, and raised beds...and that means that this year I won't buy quite as many flowers...Will was hesitant until he got this piece of news :) If nothing else, this weekend I just want to get my potatoes in the ground and prepare the soil for everything else. I haven't really decided what I'm going to do about the space out front. I definitely don't have the same amount of garden space, so I'll probablly have to cut down a bit, but we'll see...I might have to get creative!
This is what I'm thinking so far:
potatoes
tomatoes (cherry and large)
onions
peppers
jalapenos
bush beans (green beans)
peas
squash
lettuce
herbs (probably in some pots)
This is quite the list, so we'll see what I go with. I hope to get some pictures of the bed preparation this weekend, which I'll post later.
Other things I/we're working on...I'll update as I make headway:
couch pillows
new bedding for our room/painting and overall decorating
dining table makeover
garage (re)organization
Also I want to post about the ultimate DIY floating shelves...we put them in our living room and they look awesome, hold lots of books and are pretty inexpensive. I've wanted shelves like this for quite some time, but wasn't quite willing to pay for them...these are great! More on that later...
chow for now.
You need to keep up with what you do then you can print these silly blogs off and make them into a book! That is my plan! Have you moved? Your Christmas card was returned to us?!?! I am so proud of you planting a garden. When you are finished with your's will come and plant me some veggies?!?! Hope all is well. We need to get together again soon!
ReplyDeleteI know! I think I eventually do want to get to where I'll print and have a book...I guess we did move! Actually, I'm kind of glad our card got returned because I was sad I didn't get one and now it makes me feel better :) I will email you our new address!
ReplyDeleteI would love to come and plant you some veggies...I'm sure Cilla would love it! Haha. I actually would like to make a trip to Waco soon...I'll run some dates by you in the email. Probably a weekend and maybe just one day, but nevertheless I still want to see you and Flint and your sweet Cilla!